Eau Claire Public Schools is accepting a limited number of applications for Non-Resident Students (School of Choice). Applications will be accepted May 15-29, & July 15-29, 2023.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: Application
Printable Applications: English [LINK] Spanish [LINK]
Submitting your Application: Please submit the application using one of the following methods
- Mail: Eau Claire Public Schools 6190 West Main Street, Eau Claire Michigan 49111; or
- Email: email@example.com;or Fax: 269-461-0089
School of Choice
Eau Claire Public Schools participates in the Schools of Choice (SOC) program as provided by Section 1705 of the State of Michigan School Aid Act. The State sets guidelines which are to be followed by districts participating in the SOC program. A portion of the guidelines are listed here.
A district may refuse to enroll a non-resident applicant if any of the following are met:
- Is, or has been within the preceding of 2 years, suspended from school;
- At any time has been expelled from school;
- At any time has been convicted of a felony;
- If the applicant requires special education services which are not offered on-site.
Other guidelines include:
- If, by the initial deadline, more qualified applications are received than openings available, a random draw system will be utilized.
- Any applications received after the initial deadline will be processed on a first come first served basis.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent. The District may transport from the closest bus stop in-district if space is available on the bus.
Non-Resident Students Eligible to Apply:
- The non-resident student must be a resident of another district within Berrien County.
- We will accept applications in two 15 day time frames May 15-29, & July 15-29, 2023. No applications will be accepted outside of these dates.
- Please fill out the requested information on the application (linked above).
- If the application is incomplete, it will not be considered received until such information is provided.
- Our decision(s) to grant or deny any application will be based on factors allowed under Section 105 of the State School Aid Act and not on the applicant’s race, color, national origin, religion, age (except if application age is not appropriate to the grade, program or school), sex, height, weight, marital status, mental or physical disabilities, abilities including athletic, intellectual academics, artistic talent, or any factors that would be a violation of federal law prohibiting discrimination.
Thank you for your interest in Eau Claire Public Schools. If you need additional information or have questions, please contact our office at (269) 461-6947.
2023-2024: 2nd Semester School of Choice Openings
- The 2023-2024 Schools of Choice application window: May 15 – 29 & July 15 – 29, 2023.
- Eau Claire Public Schools is accepting a limited number of applications for enrollment of non-resident pupils in the following grade levels:
|Grade Level||# of Open||Grade Level||# of Open||Grade Level||# of Open||Grade Level||# of Open|
- Please note: The district must accept eligible applicants in the following order:
- Students who reside in the same household as students enrolled under section 105 or 105c in the immediately preceding school year, semester or Trimester;
- Other students are selected according to a random draw system.
- If the number of applicants exceeds the number of positions available, the district will put eligible students on a waiting list according to a random draw system.
Athletes & School of Choice:
Important considerations for student Athletes applying for Schools of Choice:
- According to the rules of the Michigan High School Athletic Association, there are rules for athletic participation for Schools of Choice enrollees in grades 10-12. Please visit the MHSAA website directly for current information and eligibility.
- MHSS REGULATIONS SUMMARIZED
- Current Transfer Rule Summary
- MHSAA Summary of Sport-specific Transfer Rule