School of Choice
Eau Claire Public Schools is accepting a limited number of applications for Non-Resident Students (School of Choice).
The deadline to apply is June 5, 2020.
Please choose either the online or printed option.
- If your child is a current Eau Claire Public Schools, School of Choice Student, you DO NOT need to reapply.
- Student acceptance is conditional until Eau Claire Public School District receives and reviews all requested documentation.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If the number of qualified non-resident applications eligible for acceptance exceeds the number of seats available, a waiting list will be maintained.
Non-Resident Enrollment Application (School of Choice)
Eau Claire Public Schools is pleased to offer Schools of Choice for non-resident students who qualify. The State Aid Act allows districts to enroll non-resident students through Section 105 and 105c. Section 105 permits local school districts to enroll students who reside in other local school districts within the same intermediate school district. Section 105c allows enrollment of students who reside in school districts in contiguous intermediate school districts.
Applications for the 2020- 2021 school year will be accepted from May 1, 2020 – June 1, 2020. Student acceptance will be determined by an administrative interview and space available at the building and grade level requested.
Now Enrolling for the Fall 2020-2021
Eau Claire Public Schools is accepting a limited number of non-resident enrollment applications. See below for the number of openings per grade level.
Please note: that the district must accept eligible applicants in the following order:
- Students who reside in the same household as students enrolled under section 105 or 105c in the immediately preceding school year, semester or Trimester;
- Other students selected according to a random draw system, which must also be used to establish a waiting list.
If the number of applicants exceeds the number of positions available, the district will put eligible students on a waiting list.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for Schools of Choice for the 2020- 2021 school year, please begin the application process by submitting a completed 2020-2021 Non-Resident Enrollment Application below. You can choose either the online or printed option.
Where do I return completed printed applications?
Applications may be returned via one of the following methods: Fax (269).461.0089; Email: email@example.com: or US Mail to Eau Claire Public Schools, 6190 West Main Street, Eau Claire, MI 49111.
*Upon acceptance, you will be asked to complete the enrollment process.
Athletes & School of Choice:
Important considerations for student Athletes applying for Schools of Choice:
According to the rules of the Michigan High School Athletic Association, there are rules for athletic participation for Schools of Choice enrollees in grades 10-12. Please visit the MHSAA website directly for current information and eligibility.