School of Choice
Eau Claire Public Schools is accepting a limited number of applications for Non-Resident Students (School of Choice).
The deadline to apply is June 11, 2021.
Please choose either the online or printed option.
- If your child is a current Eau Claire Public Schools, School of Choice Student, you DO NOT need to reapply.
- Student acceptance is conditional until Eau Claire Public School District receives and reviews all requested documentation.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If the number of qualified non-resident applications eligible for acceptance exceeds the number of seats available, a waiting list will be maintained.
Non-Resident Enrollment Application (School of Choice)
Eau Claire Public Schools does accept School of Choice applications for residents of Berrien County only during specific time frames. Student acceptance will be determined by an administrative interview and space available at the building and grade level requested.
Applications for the 2021- 2022 school year will be accepted from April 5, 2021 – June 11, 2021. Student acceptance will be determined by an administrative interview and space available at the building and grade level requested.
Now Enrolling for the Fall 2021-2022
Eau Claire Public Schools is accepting a limited number of non-resident enrollment applications. See below for the number of openings per grade level.
* We have 1 opening for Y5 or Kindergarten.
Please note: that the district must accept eligible applicants in the following order:
- Students who reside in the same household as students enrolled under section 105 or 105c in the immediately preceding school year, semester or Trimester;
- Other students selected according to a random draw system, which must also be used to establish a waiting list.
If the number of applicants exceeds the number of positions available, the district will put eligible students on a waiting list.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for Schools of Choice for the 2021- 2022 school year, please begin the application process by submitting a completed 2021-2022 Non-Resident Enrollment Application below. You can choose either the online or printed option.
Where do I return completed printed applications?
Applications may be returned via one of the following methods:
Fax: (269) 461-0089
Email: email@example.com or
US Mail: Eau Claire Public Schools, 6190 West Main Street, Eau Claire, MI 49111.
*Upon acceptance, you will be asked to complete the enrollment process.
Athletes & School of Choice:
Important considerations for student Athletes applying for Schools of Choice:
According to the rules of the Michigan High School Athletic Association, there are rules for athletic participation for Schools of Choice enrollees in grades 10-12. Please visit the MHSAA website directly for current information and eligibility.