School of Choice Information
The Eau Claire Public Schools Board of Education has approved a non-resident student enrollment policy under Section 105 of the School Aid Act that allows for a limited number of seats in buildings for students not living within the Eau Claire Public School District. Eau Claire Public Schools only accepts School of Choice applications for residents of Berrien County during specific time frames.
> School of Choice 2018-2019 Pupil Accounting Manual
2019-2020 ~ 2nd Semester Section 105
School of Choice Openings
|Grade Level||# of Open||Grade Level||# of Open||Grade Level||# of Open||Grade Level||# of Open|
- 2nd Semester Schools of the Choice application window: December 2, 2019- December 16, 2019
- For the 2019-2020 2nd Semester, Eau Claire Public Schools is accepting a limited number of applications for enrollment of non-resident (105) pupils in the following grade levels:
- If you have applied in previous years or semesters, you must apply again.
- Applications are accepted anytime within the application window timeframe. Applications are NOT processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applications will be reviewed for complete and accurate information, and incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Student and family interviews may be conducted at the discretion of the Administration of Eau Claire Public Schools.
- Interviews will be conducted between December 2, 2019- December 23, 2019. All accepted students will be notified by January 3, 2020, or before.
- Prior to being accepted, the following documents must be provided:
- Birth Certificate
- Report Card from Previous Year or Current Year
- Behavioral Logs and discipline reports from the previous school
- Immunization Records
- Other upon request
- Please note that student acceptance is conditional until Eau Claire Public School District receives and reviews all school discipline records and or other requested information from a student’s previous school.
- Once approved and enrolled, the student may remain in the Eau Claire Public School District through However, this does not prohibit the Eau Claire Public School District from expelling a student for disciplinary reasons.
- If the number of qualified non-resident applications eligible for acceptance exceeds the number of seats available, students who reside in the same household as students enrolled through Schools of Choice in the current school year will receive first consideration.
- A waiting list will be maintained for the remaining applications.
Athletes & School of Choice
Important considerations for student Athletes applying for Schools of Choice:
According to the rules of the Michigan High School Athletic Association, there are rules for athletic participation for Schools of Choice enrollees in grades 10-12. Please visit the MHSAA website directly for current information and eligibility.
- MHSS Regulations Summarized
- Current Transfer Rule Summary
- MHSAA Summary of Sport-specific Transfer Rule
Please submit an application online or with a paper copy.
You may complete your application online using the link below. Please note: that incomplete applications will not be processed.
Submitting the completed paper application
Once your paper application is completed, you may submit it in one of the following three ways:
Eau Claire Public Schools
6190 West Main Street
Eau Claire Michigan 49111; or
Email: SOC@eauclaireps.com; or