Y5~ Kindergarten Round-Up
Are interested in your child attending Young Fives or Kindergarten at Eau Claire Public Schools for the 2020-21 school year, please complete the Y5~ Kindergarten Pre-Registration form, by using the link to the right.
Kindergarten pre-registration must be completed online.
Enrollment Information for Y5~Kindergarten
It’s that time of the year when we round up all Eau Claire Public School children who are eligible to attend kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year.
Eau Claire Public Schools looks forward to working with you as your child prepares to begin his or her school journey. We recognize that success in kindergarten and throughout the elementary years is based on social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. Regardless of a child’s entrance age, developmental ages and abilities vary considerably. With that in mind, each child who is preparing to enter kindergarten must go through a screening process. This gives our school staff insight on your child’s strengths and areas he or she may need support in as he or she transitions to school. Early awareness of these strengths and weaknesses helps us develop the best educational plan for your child.
The Michigan Department of Education (MDE), Office of Great Start/Early Childhood Development and Family Education, is pleased to share a resource for parents of children entering kindergarten. The resource is a culmination of many offices within MDE working together to develop Parent Guides, a series of tip sheets that highlight a variety of questions parents may have when their children are entering kindergarten.
What to Bring
What do I need to register my child for Kindergarten?
To register your child for kindergarten you will need an original birth certificate or birth affidavit (with raised seal), immunization records, drivers license or state ID, three proofs of residency and a completed physical form. A checklist, physical form, and other helpful documents can be found here. If you have all of the required paperwork we will be able to register your child during Kindergarten Round-Up.
Please bring the following documents to Round-up
All documents must be presented before your child can be assigned a teacher for September
- 3 Proofs of residency
- Parent/guardian valid photo ID
- Child’s Original Birth Certificate (with raised seal)
- Immunization Records
- Current Physical Record
- Registration Packet
- Custody Papers
- Foster Care Letter
- Current IEP
- Pre-school Report Card
Due to COVID-19, spring Y5~Kindergarten our Spring Round-Up has been cancelled.
Forms & Other Information
> Parent Letter
> Lybrook Handbook COMING SOON
To enroll in our Young-Five or Kindergarten program for the 2020-2021 school year, your child must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2020.
2020 Round-up Timeline
- May 5 : Parents complete the online pre-registration process
- Beginning May 18: ECPS will mail Round-up appointment letters to parents
- Prior to round-up appointment: Parents gather all registration documentation
- May: Virtual Round-Up Appointment
- Aug: Kindergarten Screening Date
- Aug: ECPS mails student placement letters to parents
- Aug: Kindergarten teachers mail letters of introduction and plans for classroom open house events to parents.
- AUGUST DATE: Open house for parents of incoming kindergarteners at 6:30 p.m. in the Lybrook Elementary School Cafeteria. Parents will receive helpful information, resources and a complete packet of registration forms.
We look forward to meeting you and your child in August.